We are currently working on a Support area for minisite. It will contain information of common procedures and Frequently Asked Questions. For starters we have our procedures for setting up your email and webmail.
If Livetech or minisite has set up a POP3 mail account for use with your domain name, here is the procedure for setting up your Mail client with the details.
Your mailbox settings will be sent to you. They will consist of the following:
1. Your username. This will likely be something like accountname-mailboxname (eg. minisite-info)
2. Your password.
3. Incoming mail server (POP3) : mail.livesol.net
4. Outgoing Mail server (SMTP) : smtp.livesol.net
1. Go to Tools / E-mail Accounts
2. Select "Add a new e-mail account" and click on Next
3. Select POP3 and click on Next
4. Fill in your name and email address under User Information.
5. Fill in mail.livesol.net in Incoming mail server
6. Fill in smtp.livesol.net in Outgoing mail server.
8. Fill in your given username and password in the Logon Information section.
9. Click on the "More Settings" button and select the Outgoing Server tab.
10. Check the box that says "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"
11. Select the "Advanced" tab and check the box called "Leave a copy of messages on the server.
12. Click OK to close the "More settings" box and click on "Next" and then "Finish"
Your Outlook has now been configured to send and receive email from your POP3 mailbox.
1. Go to Tools / Accounts
2. Select Add / Mail
3. Enter your name
4. Enter your email address
5. Enter mail.livesol.net in the incoming mail box - and smtp.livesol.net in the Outgoing Mail box.
6. Enter your given account name in the Account Name box - and your given password in the password box.
7. Click on "Next" and "Finish"
8. Now select the email account you have just set up and click on Properties, and then the "Servers" tab.
9. Check the box at the bottom with the label "My server requires authentication, and click on the "Settings" button to make sure that the "use same settings as my incoming mail server" is checked.
10. Click OK, then select the "Advanced" Tab and check the "Leave copy of messages on server"
11. Click "OK" and "Close"
Your Outlook Express has now been configured to send and receive email from your POP3 mailbox.
Accessing your email via Webmail.
This is very useful, as you have the ability to access your email via any web browser on a computer connected to the internet, anywhere in the world.
You do need to know your email address and your password.
1. Goto http://webmail.yourdomainname.co.uk (eg: http://webmail.minisite.co.uk)
2. Enter your email address and your password - and click on login.
You are now logged into your webmail where you can read, send and recieve your email. Part of the processes for setting up your email clients above entailed "Leaving a copy of messages on the server". This means that even though you download your email every day, there will still be a copy of them on the server for you to access. They are normally deleted after 3 months, unless you have other settings in action.
Should you have any questions about the above, please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Apple Mail has now been configured to send and recieve email from your POP3 mailbox.
To discuss minisite please fill in your details below and we will contact you.